April 27, 2009

The Cabin


We spent the weekend at our cabin on Fish Lake. This is a new venture for us! As we "furnish" our little retreat, Jeff asked if we wanted to have a journal left at the cabin that we and our visitors can write in to share about times at the cabin. I immediately thought, "I can make this!" So, I went to my box of "stuff waiting to be altered" and pulled out a composition book, had the new Back Country papers from the Summer 09 idea book sitting on my desk, and the found my inspiration from the layout idea on page 19. I began creating and, wallah, in about 20 minutes, we now have an awesome journal for our cabin.


Now for the rest of the story....I forgot my camera so I couldn't take photos of a lot of "firsts" that happened this weekend at the cabin. The first time being there without snow, our first campfire, etc. What, I am a scrapbooker! How could I forget my camera? But I did get to write these "firsts" in the journal and next time, I will take photos, put them with the journaling and have a wonderful scrapbook page.
CTMH products: Back Country Level 2 paper packet, twill ribbon, outdoor denim brads, Love Letter rub ons, Foundry Book plates, Dimensional Elements Monograms and Backwoods stamp set.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Michele! Your blog looks great, and this will be a really great way to showcase your work! I love the journal you made for your cabin--that paper is so gorgeous!

    I have bookmarked your blog, so I can check back often!

    ReplyDelete