July 14, 2009

As I promised

Before I left for vacation, I promised some cards done with the "you've got flair" set, July stamp of the month. Well, here they are. I must say this was a hard stamp set to be inspired by but I am very happy with the work I was able to do. I also used a variety of heat embossing techniques which are explained below. I hope you enjoy them.

For this card, I stamped the flourish with versa mark and heat embossed using white embossing powder on cranberry cardstock. Then I cut it out and mounted it on the card. Easy to do, no coloring involved.

Using the versa mark ink pad and red embossing powder, I heat embossed this flourish and water colored with Indian corn blue.

For this one, I did not heat emboss but instead used the archival stamp pad to stamp the image, let it dry and then also water colored with Indian corn blue and cranberry.
Another heat embossed using the resist technique. I stamped with the versa mark, embossed with the clear embossing powder and then sponged Indian corn blue over the image. When the blue was the intensity I wanted, I then wiped the image with a tissue to remove the ink from the stamped image, revealing the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment