May 21, 2010

Reliving the Mediterranean Cruise

In October of 2008, Jeff and I celebrated our 20th anniversary on a Mediterranean cruise which I earned through Close to My Heart.  When the company announced the trip, I knew I had to earn it!  It was an opportunity of a life time and to coincide with our anniversary was perfect.  While on my retreat last weekend, I was scrap booking some of the final photos we had taken.  Before I left, I was under the impression that I was almost done but 32 pages later, well, I am almost done, again! 

But, scrap booking these photos, brought me back to a event that was very meaningful for me.  I had worked very hard and earned something I was very excited about, both the cruise and 20 years of marriage!  In addition, my mom had passed away just two weeks prior to the cruise.  You can imagine I experienced all kinds of feelings on that trip.  As I continued to put the photos on the pages, share stories with my friends, and recognize the emotions, I was blessed once again by an experience that was over 18 months ago in time but with refreshed, fond memories.  Where are your memories?

As you might notice, many of the journaling spots on these and future pages I share about the cruise are blank.  I look forward to sitting down with Jeff and remembering and journaling together. 




This layout was created by a fellow cruiser from CTMH using the Vintage Travel paper packet.  Although this is now retired from our Idea Book, you can still use the paper for scrap booking through our Studio J online scrap booking.  Give it a try!





These pages were done in the new "Passages" My Reflections Kit (x7126B) featured in the summer idea book.  I have to admit, since I had done much of that album in the Vintage Travel paper, it was nice to use a different paper packet that coordinated so well.  I will be doing a workshop with this paper later this summer.  Here's my preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment