November 20, 2010

Another Favorite thing: Nights like tonight

Jeff and I have been intentionally planning weekends with nothing on the calendar.  It seems like we have struggled with that for a long time but it is finally becoming a reality and I am loving it.  This is what it looks like tonight.  Alli, the bookworm, pounds through page after page of anything she can get her eyes on and then wants to watch a "chick flick" with me.  Marissa the socialite needs to do something with someone so we make paper Christmas ornaments together.  She makes a plan to take orders to make and sell them so she can donate the money to World Vision Christmas project she is doing with her Sunday School class.  Then off to her second birthday party of the day.  Did I mention she is a socialite?  Jeff putters.  Those are his words.  He paid bills, winterized the sprinkler system, made fun of our "chick flick", and then putters some more.  Me, well I start getting creative.  I of course took out my list of crafts I wanted to try (most included some paper ornaments I had seen) and created with Marissa.  Then I pulled out some really old horse stamps and started making cards for Alli's horse trainer and our barn carpool partner.  All in all, I love nights like tonight where you can let your being wander into whatever feels right.  I will show you the photo of the horse notecards but will wait for the paper ornaments.  I am planning a 12 days of ornaments blog series...don't want to spoil it for you. 











1 comment:

  1. Michele, sounds wonderful! I always love your work and how obviously you love it. Thanks for sharing and say hi to everyone from all of us.

    ReplyDelete