February 15, 2012

Mini Banner: Time for Tea

One of the new products in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book is a mini chipboard banner and it made a great decoration for my Sip & See Tea.  It contains a variety of shapes and all of them can be cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge making assemble faster, simpler and easier!  (Each piece is 4” long for your cutting reference.)

I inked the edge of each piece, before adhering the paper,  using a sponge and grey wool reinker.  This was a tip shared by Karen Pedersen and it made the inking so fast.  You can see the step by step assembly process below.

 

077

I put reinker on my palette from the distressing kit and then used the sponge to ink the edges.  (Just a note, the distressing kit will not be available after this Idea Book season.  Get yours before it is retired!)

078

After sponging off the ink on scrap paper, I sponged the edge of the shapes cut using the Cricut.

080

I sponged the Monogram Chipboard letters with the sponge after I colored the edges using a matching marker.  Sweet leaf was the coordinating color for this project.

082

I adhered the shapes and then letters to the banner pieces.  Then I colored our new “Color Ready Ribbon” using a sponge dauber and Cotton Candy ink pad.  Use the dauber to hold the ribbon and run it over the ink until you have achieved the desired color.  It dries very quickly and ties easily holding the banner together. 

The flowers that embellish each banner piece were also cut using the AP Cricut cartridge and stamped with with flower from the Lucy Workshop on the Go.  The glitter button is from the Bohemian Assortment.

083084

The “4” is from the Irresistible Make it Count Numbers Set.  I love the touch it adds to the banner. 

093

Hanging in the entrance to the Sip & See Tea Party.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out so cute! We're making the banner next month for our club project.

    ReplyDelete