October 01, 2012

LOVE banner

One of my favorite things to make right now are banners.  I love the look of them hanging in different places, expressing different sentiments, and just changing the feeling of the room where they are displayed. 

Well, I made one for my niece and I LOVE how it turned out too!

I used the My Creations Banner as the background and adhered burlap to each piece.  Then I cut the letters the size I wanted on the Cricut and used the “negative” as a stencil.  I then used our Create a Shade pearl paint to stencil in the letters.  This took a couple of coats to get it to look as solid as I wanted.  After they dried, I added our Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon that I had pleated to the top edge.  Finally, I tied it all together with Natural Hemp

Did you know that you can add reinker to the Create a Shade pearl paint to make it any color you want?  You can also use the reinker to dye the Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon.  The color coordination possibilities are endless.

019

020

The banner looked great hanging over the drink table at the shower. (But I forgot to take a photo of it!)

024

No comments:

Post a Comment