May 16, 2016

Color Club: First Meet Up

Adult coloring has become a new trend and the relaxing benefits of coloring have found many out buying a coloring book and markers or colored pencils to partake.



What do you do with those coloring pages when you are finished?  I decided that if I was going to spend time coloring, I want to use what I have colored to share joy with someone else.  I also know that I have too many beautiful stamps sets to justify purchasing a coloring book.

After random stamping with my acrylic stamps, coloring with my Shin Han markers, discovering the relaxation, and creativity and then creating a card that I can send to someone else I had to share! Thus, the coloring club was born.

Our first meet up was in April and I had provided each participant a random stamped 12 x 12 sheet (using Memento Ink and the You've got a Friend stamp set from CTMH).  I shared with them the benefits and care of the Shin Han markers and then we spent the evening coloring together.



We started with the following colors:



Here's a bit of what I covered.
  • The markers perform best when they are stored horizontally.
  • CTMH provides a great storage solution in the marker roll up.
  • The colorless blender helps remove color, blending two colors together or repairs coloring outside the lines.
  • Memento Black ink provides a stamped image that does not run when using alcohol markers.

Here are the cards we made during our first meeting.  Fast, easy and simple.  Bright colors will bring a smile to any recipient.  (For some reason the exposure of this photo is not bright but trust me, it is in person!)And the time spent together was relaxing and therapeutic.  We made 6 cards for the win!

The next month, we will play with shading and light source direction.  I can't wait to show you how.

If you like video instruction like me, here's the video by Kathy Skipper that I watched to get me started.



If you would like to join the color club, we would love to have you join us either locally, through skype or via mail order kits.  Contact me to start your coloring craze!

Happy coloring to you!

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment